How Dodge Car Safety Features Work to Keep You Safe in Downey, CA
It is important that you feel confident on every drive. The Dodge brand takes safety seriously and their engineers are constantly looking for new ways to keep you and everyone in your car safe. At Champion Chrysler Jeep® Dodge RAM, we’re proud to say that all the new Dodge vehicles at our Dodge dealership in Downey, CA are equipped with numerous advanced safety features to give you extra peace of mind as you move from A to B.
Dodge Safety Features and How They Work
Safety features are separated into two categories: passive and active. Passive safety features are the ones we now may take for granted, such as seat belts, airbags, and antilock brakes. Active safety features, as their name suggests, play a more active role in your safety. Driver-assist features fit into the active category. These features work by providing warnings of potential hazards and taking corrective action if needed.
Dodge-Specific Safety Features
New Dodge vehicles, from the Dodge Durango to the Dodge Charger, contain numerous advanced safety features. Passive features include all of the standard items along with features such as a strong and secure steel cage built into the vehicle. For additional protection, active items include a suite of driver-assist features and ParkSense® rear park assist system.
Here are some of the most common safety features you’ll find in our Dodge vehicles:
- Full-speed forward collision warning with active braking. If your Dodge vehicle detects you following a vehicle in front of you too closely, you will receive an alert. If needed, the brakes will automatically be applied.
- Adaptive cruise control.If slower traffic is detected ahead, your vehicle can adjust cruising speed and keep a safe distance.
- Brake assist. Your vehicle detects the rate and amount of brake application and will boost the braking power if it suspects an emergency.
- Blind spot monitoring system.This feature helps you feel safer when you change lanes. Your vehicle can always motor your blind spot and will alert you if a vehicle enters one of them.
- ParkSense® rear park assist system. Have an extra set of eyes with you as you reverse. Your vehicle will warn you of obstacles behind you.
Finding Your Safe New Car